May 24, 2010

Maui Trippin X Fashionista's Market

Maui is my new stay-cation getaway. Maui is so lush and green with beautiful weather and no VOG. Kona is depressing these days with the volcano smog, aka VOG, lingering around full-time. I really appreciate the clear visibility of the other islands.

I banged out an action packed five day trip with retailer appointments, meetings, fashion market, surf and relaxation. I stayed with our Maui Organik team rider, Erik, and his wife, Jaime. They fed me well with meat, wine and guri guri. We scored waves at some secret spots with nobody else out. I rode Erik's 5'5" Tokoro fish and loved it. He surfed his brand new new T&C longboard for the first time and shredded.

I checked into the Hyatt to set up the Organik booth on Friday. The Fashionista's Market took place the following day.  The event was jammed packed with people busy shopping from 11-7. Alyssa & Alex did a wonderful job with the pace of the event and four fashion shows throughout the day. The big screen with music videos and kick ass DJ made the day even better. We sold a ton of shirts and even got some new accounts on Maui. Stayed tuned for our new Organik retailer announcement.






No comments: